Organic Elemental Analyzer
ECS 8020 is the CHNS-O elemental analyzer based on the Dumas combustion method.
ECS 8020 is the improved version for the elemental analysis based on sample combustion and separation of gasses with a chromatographic column.
The combustion products, i.e. CO2, H2O, N2 and SO2, are separated and quantified by a high resolution TCD detector.
ECS 8020 is fully automatic, from the available samplers to the oxygen dosage, from the monitoring of consumables status to the detection of chemical compounds.
ECS 8020 is composed by:
- Dual furnace combustion system (for a better combustion and optimization of catalysts)
- Customized GC column
- Detection system
- Data acquisition and elaboration
ECS 8020 offers the possibility to set several configurations for the determination of the target element; possible configurations are CHNS, CHN, CN, CNS and O.
The adaptability of ECS 8020 could be also expressed in terms of sample type and size. A wide type of samples, both liquids and solids, in wide sizes, from micrograms to grams of organic materials, can be analyzed.
Three different samplers are available and various types of reactors to ensure an always optimized application.
Automatisms make the instrument particularly user-friendly: the automatic oxygen dosage system allows a better consumption of oxygen and consumable status monitoring function optimizes the catalysts use.
The Detector (TCD, thermal Conductivity Detector, featuring an exclusive design) is selfcalibrating and does not require the use of a reference gas.
The ECS 8020 is particularly suitable for linking to other units for determination of the isotopic ratios of stable isotopes in elements.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Fully automated analysis system
- High sensitivity, accuracy and precision
- Application flexibility and versatility
- Detector does not require reference gas
- Powerful software for viewing results from a computer
- Touch screen display for an easy settings management
- Consumables status monitoring for an optimization of catalysts usage
- Three types of samplers available (electronic, pneumatic and manual)
- Easy connection to Mass Spectrometers and other detectors for stable isotopes analysis
- Low operation and management costs