The Enterolert® Test gives you accurate results overnight so you can act quickly to protect the public and public resources:
- Discover enterococci contamination in half the time of standard methods.
- Reopen beaches in just 24 hours.
- Eliminate tedious membrane filtration work.
Enterolert is widely approved and accepted:
- US EPA-approved and included in Standard Methods for Examination of Water and Waste Water.
- An official ASTM Method (No. D6503-99).
Enterolert uses Defined Substrate Technology ( DST ) nutrient indicators MUD to detect Enterococci in water.
This nutrient-indicator fluoresces when metabolized by enterococci. DST improves accuracy and avoids the need for hazardous sodium azide suppressants used in traditional media.