Simpler detection and quantification of heterotrophic organisms
- No autoclaving, filtering or agar
- No colony counting or interpretation
- Convenient 100-ml sample size – test source water, transport vehicle water, manufacturing line water and finished products.
- Simple procedure needs no special training.
- Shares the same Quanti-Tray® system as Colilert®, Enterolert® and Pseudalert® tests for maximum efficiency.
- Results valid at 44–72 hours.
The HPC for Quanti-Tray® Test is used for the quantification of heterotrophic organisms in 100 ml of water.
The test is based on IDEXX-patented Multiple Enzyme Technology™, which detects viable heterotrophic organisms by testing for the presence of key enzymes known to be present in these organisms. The test uses multiple enzyme substrates that produce blue fluorescence when metabolised by water-borne bacteria.
The sample/reagent mixture is added to a Quanti-Tray®, incubated and then examined for fluorescing wells. The number of fluorescing wells corresponds to a most probable number (MPN) of total heterotrophic organisms in the original sample.
The HPC for Quanti-Tray Test detects organisms at 1 cfu/100 ml after 44–72 hours of incubation.