Compact Dry EC (E. coli & Coliform)
Escherichia coli is a coliform which is found in the gut of warm-blooded animals making it an excellent indicator for fecal contamination. Not all E. coli are pathogenic but there are strains which can be considered as opportunistic bacteria infecting an immunocompromised host. Testing for the presence of coliform and E. coli is important in food industry, especially in monitoring water quality.
- AOAC Certificate Number: 110402
- MicroVal Certificate of Compliance Number: 2008LR04/05
- NordVal International Certificate Number: 036
- Medium contains two kinds of chromogenic enzyme substrate, Magenta-GAL and X-GLUC, then red/pink color colonies for Coliform and blue/blue purple color colonies for E. coli are observed respectively.
- 35 ± 1°C (raw meat products)
- 37 ± 1°C (all other matrices)
- E. coli – Blue colonies
- Total coliform – Red, blue, and purple colonies